One of the most important challenges for the Supply Chain Director ad interim will be managing the complexity of the procurement issues that constitute an important part of the role. This is due to a large number of SKU sold in the EMEA region, the management of 2 teams based in Belgium and the UK, the current shortage of different materials and the roll-out of a new ERP system.
The Supply Chain Director heads up a team of 15 Supply Chain collaborators, located in Belgium (10) and United Kingdom (5).
Other tasks may include:
- Improve on both day-to-day and strategic longer term production planning
- Analyze data from shipping and delivering processes to solve short-term bottlenecks and other issues, but also to develop a longer term and more strategical view, taking into account that there are 5 warehouses across Europe, of which only one is 3PL
- Evaluate and report on KPIs
- Train and guide employees
- Resolve issues that come up (e.g. delays in delivery) in close liaison with the Operations Director who is based in the UK
- Collaborate with other departments to create coordinated plans for business growth
- Ensure supply chain processes meet legal requirements and standards
- Communicate and negotiate with suppliers and vendors to ensure sufficient and timely supply at acceptable pricing